Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Shelby Baptist, and, in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established for each unit. Visiting hours and regulations are available at the information desk on the main floor. Please follow these guidelines. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital buildings.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- People with colds, flu, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors should adjust the length of their visit based on the patient's condition.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to interact with the patient. Special arrangements may be made in certain circumstances by speaking with the Charge Nurse or House Supervisor.
- For the Women's Center only 3 visitors allowed per patient at one time.